Here are the details for each:
Distributech 2011 in San Diego (Electricity)
Date/Time/Venue/Session: 2/2/2011, 9:30AM, Room 1B, Session #3A
Speakers and topics:
- IBM's Jeff Katz on "Dealing with Smart Grid Insecurities"
- Enernex's Sandy Bacik on "Developing Application Security Test Plans"
- Umesh Singh of GE Digital Energy on "Smart Grid Software Security"
RSA 2011 in San Francisco (Security)
Date/TimeVenue/Session: 2/16/2011, 10:00 AM, Orange room 309, Session PNG-202
Session Title: Securing the Smart Grid
Moderator: Sam Curry, CTO, RSA (EMC)
- Gib Sorebo, SAIC
- Mike Echols, Salt River Project
- Heath Thompson, Landis & Gyr
If you'd like to do both, it's a (relatively) quick 500-mile drive on Route 5 North, though 101 along the coast would have much better scenery.