As noted earlier this week on this blog, FERC has invited its commissioners to an immersive afternoon on Smart Grid interoperability and security standards development, past, present, and future. Now FERC has finalized its agenda and named the panelists who'll be attending.
Following an introduction by NIST's Smart Grid Interoperability Coordinator, George Arnold, will be 2 90-minute sessions:
- The Smart Grid Interoperability Standards Process for Reviewing and Selecting the First Five Families of Standards, and
- The Smart Grid Interoperability Standards Development and Identification Process Going Forward
- It's open to the public, so you can go if you want to, and if there's room, attend this event in person at FERC HQ in DC
- If you can't make it or don't want to, a free live webcast will be available here
- Lastly, they indicate that the conference will be archived for 3 months
Photo credit: hydroreform on Flickr.com